Tuesday 14 February 2012

TRX...





Total body Resistance eXercise

..ugh..I'm not feeling 100% today, I'm literally sick & tired, which thankfully I don't feel very often. I can't go to the gym, so decided to do a bit of research instead.
I came across this method of suspension training, about a month ago when someone showed me a YouTube clip of their Personal Trainer using it.  
Last week I saw a very very fit looking guy using this piece of equipment down at the gym.  He had obviously purchased his own and brought it with him as it hasn't been introduced to Westwood...yet.  I stood there for about 5 minutes watching this guy in action..he probably thought I was a 'Weirdo' or a 'Cougar' or perhaps...a bit of both :)
Just have a look at this video and you'll see for yourself what it's all about..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gagl23KZs0U

WOW... very impressive, isn't it
(if I've gone about putting it up the correct way? I'm still learning with this Blog)

'Randy' assures us in the video that it's for all levels of fitness, however I'd say it could take a while to get to the level some of these wonderfully fit people are at.

I had to check to see if there's a training course for the TRX in Dublin, and there is.
'Mint Fitness' run a 6 week course, with 2 classes per week for €120.00.
I don't have the time to do this at the moment but I think it's a definite for when I'm finished my current course. 

Amazon are selling the TRX Kit for £140.00 (€170.00)

TRX training could be the next 'big thing'

What do you think...would any of you be interested in doing these classes?

3 comments:

  1. Sure very interested in the classes, purely for the supervision aspect...fear of using it at home;
    1.I would not be diciplined enough to keep it up and,
    2.fear someone opening the door I have it anchored onto lol...smash my face in..
    After some classes then possible purchase, love the mobility factor and no gym.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Margaret,

    Your comments gave me a giggle. I certainly couldn't anchor it to the back of my bedroom door, like the lovely lady did in the video, without removing countless dressing gowns!

    Yep, it would be worth anyone's while to go to a few classes to see if it's their 'gig' so to speak before going out and splashing their hard-earned cash on a piece of equipment that won't be used & will probably end up lying across the exercise bike in the bedroom.

    I would love to have 'a shot' of one before I sign up for the training classes just in case I don't like it... Hmmmm perhaps that extremely fit looking guy in the gym would give me a 'swing' of his?! .....Behave :)

    Thanks for your comments Margaret...you never know....we could get swinging some day in the future! Px

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have spoken to one of the Trainers down at my gym about this TRX. He thinks/feels it's just another 'gimmick'?! He could be right....He reckons the training that he and all the Trainers are going on this week 'CX Worx' Core training is every bit as good as the TRX trainer. I will let you know..

    ReplyDelete