Monday 13 February 2012

Time...

.."ticking away the moments that make up a dull day"...The Floyd sang...well my days have not been dull.  I'm pooped this morning complete with grey face, puffy eyes and even puffier bags underneath them! Last week was the first indication of what my time is going to be like possibly from now on whilst on my course.

A combination of helping to run the house, attending a course two evenings until 10pm and one full day, other extended family commitments, study time, my gym schedule of four visits a week (where possible) and a bit of a social life packed last week solid.  I'm not complaining. I'm thankful that I can do all of that 'stuff'. Many many people do this and do it successfully, I will just have to figure it out :)

I am loving the course so far.  My new 'friends' are great and we are all gelling really well.  The banter has started and a few nick-names have been appointed already.  I'm enjoying being a part of something, of a group of like-minded individuals with very different personalities. Sometimes, especially if you're an outgoing person, and you have been out of the work scene for a while, you can feel a little lost..well that's how I felt.

Last Saturday, we were 'guinea-pigs' for the morning, for the class ahead of us who are coming up to their mock exams.  They were so nervous, and I was mindful of the fact that that will be us in a few weeks.  I had senses working overtime talking all in.  Some of the students were ready, some were getting there and some still had a lot to learn.

The Exercise to Music session, particularly with the lads instructing/teaching were very amusing.  Most of the lads doing this course absolutely dread participating in or teaching this class.  As Elmir said, "these are girlie classes and in my gym if we see a male at one we almost point & snigger"...ie these classes aren't macho enough for red-blooded males.  Or perhaps it's because most of them are like my buddy Mohamed, whose coordination hadn't improved over the week, even though he said he'd practised. He tucked himself in  behind me last Saturday and mumbled..."I'm following you Pam"!  I found it funny that he chose to follow me and not the instructor.   Although I must admit, there are 2 things I do have, 'de beat' and coordination....but I can't sing for peanuts! I'm looking forward to getting up there and giving a class..that reminds me...I must sort out my 64 beats.

Anyway, here's to a less hectic week....and to these puffy eyes bags deflating soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment