Monday 6 February 2012

DIY


Noooo it's not me in the early 90's but I do have an amusing story..I'll tell you at the end!

Eight years ago I was in a full-time stressful job, with two young kiddies to juggle and a hubby who was working shifts.  It didn't help that I was working in a hotel so there was bold food 'on-tap'.  I went from a size 10/12 to a good size 16 in a year due to comfort overeating and lack of exercise....simple and QED.

I resigned after 1.5 years before I had a breakdown and had to buy a bigger wardrobe on top of that :)  So here I was at home, no job and overweight.  I couldn't afford to join a gym and didn't have the time either.  What was I to do? In desperation I went to HMV and bought the above DVD, then I traipsed into Argos and bought a set of dumbbells.

I cut out all of the fried, fatty, sugary and rubbishy food out of my diet, I 'danced' to the DVD 5 to 6 times a week, I lifted the dumbbells (carefully) and within 8 weeks I had lost 1.5 stone.  Angela lost 2 but she probably had time to focus on her sole project and a financial incentive helps too.

If you can't get out to the gym, bring the gym to your front room. There are many many DVD's out there at the moment.  It seems every 'celebrity' has one.  Go and have a look and chose one that you think would suit you and you'll stick to.  I love dancing so I chose this one.  You'll probably get sick of the music and the 'celebrity's' overenthusiastic chatter after 2 to 3 listens/views so I used to mute it and put on my own 'choons' and get stuck in.

Anyway, my amusing story. For many years I was told I looked like 'that girl from Coronation Street'...I was told everywhere I went but especially by Aul Dears in Tesco :) Those of you who remember me in the early 90's will recall the resemblance. Anyhow, I was in The Harcourt Hotel one night with a group of girlies circa 1993, when who sat down at the table beside us only.....'Curly Watts'.  Me being me had to go over for a chat...after a few moments he said to me..."ye know when I saw you coming towards me I thought....hey what's Ange doing here...you're the image of her".  That was as good as from the horses mouth for me.  Guess all those Aul Dears were right.  Well it's said that we all have a twin somewhere in the world....but really I think, for me anyway, it's the colour of the skin and the hairstyle because now I'm getting told I look like Rihanna....I wish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment