Sunday 26 February 2012

Finorty Feckin' Finorrrr.....

..I was born at (9.35 a.m.) 44 years ago today in Co Westmeath...yes...Westmeath...
I'm a feckin' Culchie...does that help explain things :)

...my posey birthday pic.  I may never look this good again so yes I'm putting up a posey pic from my birthday night out AND look, I'm wearing a dress
and not my usual jeans and boots...note to self, must buy some shoes to go with dress.

Last night, my folks brought myself, D and the girls out for a meal, drinks and a flutter at Shelbourne Park Greyhound Stadium.  What a thoroughly enjoyable evening even if we all only did break even.  I'm so thankful to have both my parents around at my age, as I know so few people have.  Derms and I finished the evening/night/morning in our local, The Goose where I poured pint bottles of Bulmers in on top of the lovely red wine I had with my meal.  I know...classy or wha'....it's the Coolock in me you see, and proud to say it...
Culchie to Coolock...interesting mix...one of my many mixes *smile*

I woke to a tasty full Irish and then I had breakfast...only joking...cooked breakfasts all round with a nice strong mug of tea.  Paper pressies from my folks and Derms, while my girlies got me jewellery, eyes-shadow (extremely sparkly) and a hoodie.  I chuckled at the card I got from Derms that basically said that he drove me mad (think that should have been vice versa) but it had a badge that said 'Perfect Wife'..pfft...
I'm wearing it anyway!

This afternoon, I went to town to do some retail therapy with Emma.  First stop...my favourite high-street shop...River Island aaaahhh....my ashes can be scattered there when I'm gone. Straight to the shoe section..heart racing.  Yes, purchased yet another pair of boots...I cannot resist their footwear.  Next stop Champion Sports....and my next fix...
more gym gear :)

Home..surprise surprise...my front room transformed to a 'Spa' by Jane, where I was treated to candles, soft music and a massage from Jane...I fell asleep zzz
I awoke to a fabby dinner, with all my favourite foods, cooked (yet again) by Derms and washed down with a lovely bottle of red. 
Then came the cake and a verse of 'happy birthday'!

With all the lovely family cards, 'wall posts', private messages, texts, phone calls and cards that were dropped in, I'm a happy finorty finor year old tonight. 
I'm grateful for all I have in my life..I'm a lucky girl and look forward to my future.






No comments:

Post a Comment