Thursday 2 February 2012

The calm after the storm....

Okay...I admit it...I panicked last night.  For those of you that know me well, that's not me at all pffft...who am I kidding...that's typical me (it's something I have to work on and change about myself)  It was a simple case of information overload which resulted in a headache however,on the plus side, I did sleep like a baby last night *big snores*

When I awoke this morning, my head was full of terms like Sagittal Plane, Circumduction and Synovial Fluid blah blah blah. It seems my little grey sponge had absorbed more than I'd thought.

Later this morning, in the peace and quiet of my front room I got stuck into my books and notes from last night and it all started to click together.  I really enjoyed that couple of hours.

I took a break at lunchtime to go to a Spin and Abs class followed by a high protein lunch and I'm good-to-go again.  Whilst at the gym I chatted with one of my Instructors, who herself did her training at the NTC many years ago, and she suggested that I make 'study cards'.  Write down the various joints, muscles, or anything that I'm finding difficult and stick the cards around the house, even in the car to keep it all fresh in my mind. What a great idea.  My world will be awash with yellow Post-its :) As with anything new, the more people you bounce things off, the more ideas you get back.

Hmmm I wonder if I could become a Swot...I always wanted to be a Swot...except of course, when I was in school...



No comments:

Post a Comment