Saturday 18 February 2012

Dri...Cool...Dry

Hi All, I just wanted to share this for those of you who are new to training. 
Hmmmm what to wear....?

If you're going to splash out on gear to train in, from years of experience, trial and error, you won't doing any better than the following ranges:


Nike Dri-FIT

Adidas Clima-Cool

Reebok Play-Dry

All of these ranges move the moisture (sweat) from your body to a fabric layer away from the skin where it can evaporate. This leaves your skin cool and comfortable. 
This material is made
from 62% cotton, (5% of which is organic), 34% polyester and 4% Spandex.

All of these ranges offer excellent ventilation, thus reducing skin irritation and all keep you cool, dry and help disperse odours :)

The only possible 'down-side' to any of these ranges is the fact that they are like a second skin so therefore every lump, bump or bulge is going to show so therefore may not be the most flattering but hey....they'll get you motivated to loose those 'nasty' bits!

These ranges can be fairly expensive but believe me..they are worth every cent..this is coming from someone who did her time in sweaty, cold, cotton wear...ugh!

I came across (the below) today...*blink blink*(you don't need to read the text)
Although the Penneys range looks lovely and cute, I'm not so confident I'd do a heavy work-out in it. I wouldn't say it's made from that 'magic' moisture absorbing fabric for those prices but I will check them out and let you know. The cute jacket is a steal for €12, so you may see me sporting one of those. The Tog 24 heat fleece must have 'magic' fabric at €64 and the sports bra is quite expensive at €47.  Personally, I use the Penneys sports bra range, that look something similar for a mere €7.00 and it does the trick.  

Let me know if there are any other ranges out there that are 'cool' to train in?





3 comments:

  1. Good piece Pam, well done, my problem is ye can't get the bloody smell of sweat out of the tops so they look good, do the job but I can only wear them running by myself otherwise I would offend my fellow runners, I reckon if they were boiled wash they'd disintegrate. ALDI and LIDL ranges are good value for money too, especially their socks, was a fan of the Penny's bra but found more support for my tiny tits with a nike. Well done on the blog Pam. keep up the good work and don't get too Skinny! just well toned! Zara
    PS not great on blogs so when i went to comment it asked for extra information so posting anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zara, I don't seem to have that problem and believe you me..I do sweat..maybe it's because my sweat smells of rose-water?? lol Yep wouldn't chance putting them in a boil wash...not at that price anyway. I've tried and have some of the Aldi socks & have tried their sports underwear but didn't find it great:-/ And as you know I hate running so haven't tried their running gear. I love their printed 'training/fitness' towels & am waiting patiently for them to get them in again. The Penneys bra is fine, however I'm looking at mine today & all the little elastics are snapped at the mesh so it looks like I have a hairy back hmmm. Listen for €7 & it being washed after every wear, ye get a couple of months & bin it. Does the Nike wash well? Listen, I'm hardly titty galore myself & wouldn't want to be either..more than a handful & all that :)) The results of my new weight programme are kicking in...can hold my pull-ups for a little longer each time, press-up training coming on & I feel stronger. Wasn't trying to get 'skinny', just toned but I don't think I look too skinny...just toned. Must get some picks up. Thanks so much for your comments Zara, made me laugh & I enjoyed your information/feedback. Please pop in every so often & leave comments. I'd love to hear from you. Px

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, for my birthday, one of the presents my girlies bought me was the Penneys zip-up top (above). I must say I'm very pleased with it. It's made from a lovely comfortable fabric and is a good fit. So far so good... I don't know how it washes yet but I'll let you know :)

    ReplyDelete