Tuesday 5 March 2013

Detox..Day 2..meh!

Me!

 
I had a great night's sleep..like a baby but awoke feeling like a wet rag.  I felt really tired and my legs felt like lead..felt like I'd been out on the batter..and let me tell you, I haven't done that in quite a while!

Had my 'breakfast' of 2 Gardinia capsules, 120ml aloe gel and water.  Then I headed out to bring the Mammy to the clinic followed by another trip to Superquinn.  This is the first time ever we have gone to Superquinn to days in a row. A test? I was hungry. I was cranky. I confess that twice I went to the bakery counter intending on buying one of those fresh cream donuts or a batch of the freshly made pancakes that the Baker was whipping up outside.  I was going out of my tiny mind and it took every fibre of my being NOT to buy something and just shove it..without chewing it..down my neck BUT I didn't.  Mammy bought a batch of the pancakes for us un beknownst to me and forgetting about my detox.  I had the waft of 2 batches of freshly made pancakes in the car the whole way home :-/

I then went for a consultation with a new client and my head was a little foggy, for want of a better expression.  She understood as her friend, who comes to my TRX class is nearly finished the same detox and felt the same on occasion.  I got through it with a little help of a couple of Bee Pollen tablets and water.

Decided to keep my protein shake til the evening to give me something to look forward to, so lunch was Gardinia, gel and Bee Pollen tablets with water.  Felt energetic though so took the dog down to St Ann's Park for a nice walk in the Spring sun.  I spent the entire time running after him as he rang after other dogs..he doesn't pay any heed to me at all! The only person he listens to is Derms :-/

Arrived home tired, muck sprayed over my face and clothes where he'd run through a big feckin' mucky puddle, after another very lively doggy, and then they both shook themselves over me. Felt tired and light-headed and cranky so went for a nap.  Arose rejuvenated and excitedly ran down the stairs to make a hot chocolate protein shake for my dinner.  Christ, it was the best part of the day.  I sipped it watching the game.

I've just had my gel and water while I get my lunch ready for tomorrow.  YES..I can eat again tomorrow!!  So looking forward to that.  Although I was never really really hungry today I still got the urge to put food in my mouth every so often.

In a nut-shell.  Day 2..bloody tough.  Glad I wasn't working.  Concentration was crap.  I stood on the scales just out of curiosity...down 3lbs already but that's not really what I'm after. 

I will really appreciate my food in future and savour every mouthful.  We should all be thankful for what we have..many out there don't and those couple of days gave me some very small idea of what it must be like not to have food (out of choice & bearing in mind I had supplements) so to go without both, due to no other option, must be hell :(

Anyhooo..that's day 2 almost over.  Heading to bed soon coz I'm up at 5am....not really looking forward to that either....really don't know what way I'm gonna feel?! I'm a moany bitch tonight..aren't I..

2 down..7 to go ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment