Wednesday 6 March 2013

Day 3..Detox..The Fog


Day 3..unfortunately I didn't sleep very well on the night of day 2 and was up at 5.15am on the morning of day 3 ie today.  Although I woke bright eyed & somewhat bushy-tailed despite only 4 hours sleep, the brain wasn't ticking over as it should which resulted in me misreading my Aloe detox guide for 'Day 3' so I forgot to take my protein shake for breakfast.  I did take my Gardinia, gel, bee pollen & water but missing out that shake made a lot of difference :-/

By 9.30am I couldn't function properly. Instructing in my Kettlebell class was cloudy.  I found it hard to string a sentence together, had a lack of concentration and felt very light-headed.  Thought it was just part of the toxins leaving my body but it wasn't I reckon I had stupidly gone into some sort of starvation mode.  My friend Yvonne, who is also doing the detox contacted me telling me she felt great and was wondering how I was feeling so bad?  Then she went through all the things I should have taken for brekkie & it was then that we realised that I hadn't taken the protein shake *doh*

Anyways, by the afternoon and a chicken & spinach salad later, I felt a lot better.  Yvonne came here for her One to One training with me and did a great session considering she is detoxing too.  Both of our weights have dropped considerably in just 3 days..not my goal to drop but Yvonne does hope to shift those last few lbs and she'll do it.

I think I'm getting the hang of the detox now, although when D asked me earlier if I'd like a coffee..I was just about to say "I'd love one"..when I had to stop and say no and reach for a green tea instead.

Later that evening, I was a little down, probably due to some unforeseen news on the work front and this detox and he asked me if I wanted to go for a pint???!  Argh....once again I almost said "I'd love one"...til we both remembered I can't.

I did have to have a half hour nap in the evening but that could have been due to my lack of sleep last night and my early start, rather than the detox.  Perhaps a combination of all three?

I had spinach and a little bolognaise sauce for my dinner, as from day 3 onwards I'm allowed to eat 600 cals along with the supplements.  I ate it very slowly, enjoying every mouthful, along with some water. 

I'm sipping a green tea now and feel good although a little quiet in myself.  Although that could be due to the out-of-the-blue surprise of being 'let go' from my job earlier in the day rather than the detox?  Hey everything happens for a reason so I know there's something else out there for me :)  At the moment, it's another 6 days of detox!

No comments:

Post a Comment