Sunday 10 March 2013

Day 7..Detox.. 'Energy'

..a friend posted this pic on my wall today..& it made me smile.."how bad to do you want it?!"

Day 7..one week..and what a bloody long week it's been...'are we there yet' or wha' scenario! Slept like a baby again last night and didn't wake up until 10.15am which is unusual for me as I usually awaken early, 7-8ish at the weekend, much to my annoyance.  Good quality non alcohol of-a-Saturday-night induced sleep :)

No rattle of the brekkie tray being carried up the stairs on Mother's Day laden with a delightful full Irish and a mug of Barrys *just drooled a little there*.  Dragged my own ass (admittedly shrinking) down the stairs to knock back a shot of gel, supplements but I did enjoy my hot choccy protein shake. Feeling good..looking fresh, apart from the bed-head :-/

Off to work at 4pm for a 45 mins Spin class. I did have a bowl of homemade minestrone soup before I left along with my supplements.  Loads of energy kicked-ass! I welcomed a few new faces and one of the Regulars plans on bringing his kids next week. Sweated loads again..there should be feck all 'bold' stuff left in me at this stage.  Finished class and then, like yesterday, went on to do my own training.  Today, for the first time I actually felt lighter, tighter, fresher, brighter and stronger...can't explain but I felt and looked different (in my own head?)  I went to do my 'one arm row' (exercise for back using dumbbells) and I was lifting a 14kg.  3 sets of 10 (left & right arm) 14kg chuffed.  Went onto the TRX and belted out 'Crunches', 'Runners' & 'Pikes' like a Divil.  Where had all this energy and strength come from..dunno just glad it did.

Left the gym wrecked but in a good way and very hungry.  Home for supplements and a shot of gel before my dinner at 7.  Jaysus, I thought 7 would never come..I'm not gonna lie..was going out-of-my-head I was so hungry...had to hide up in my room for half an hour until it was ready for fear of biting someone's head off....and eating it *kidding*

More homemade soup, lentil this time, baked ham, roasted veg, roast potatoes..yes I ate them and homemade parsley sauce.  600 cals??  Probably a hell of a lot more but hell I'd earned it.  I've realised this detox is saying 600 cals for your dinner but when you've trained and trained hard for the guts of 2 hours you need more in your gut!

It's 10.30pm now and I'm not gonna lie...I am hungry.  Sipping away at the water....oh that's another thing....missed my lovely Sunday wine with my lovely Sunday dinner but tbh I was more interested in the food...FOOOOOOD!  But then I look up and read the 'discipline' poster that Derek sent me and it's oh so true.  I did this detox to cleanse my system and to get more energy...yes to shift those few stubborn lbs/kgs would also be nice but I have to stick to my goal...especially after investing in such an expensive detox.  "What do I want now and what do I want the most"?!  I'll probably go and make myself a hot chocolate protein shake for supper and that should settle me for the night....I sound like a feckin' baby (apparently I've been snoring like one).

On another note...those around me....ie at home, have told me that my mood has been all over the place this week...one even mentioned that HE couldn't wait til I was finished so my mood would improve.  I didn't think I was that bad..perhaps a little more intolerant than usual, perhaps a little less patient than usual, perhaps a little more skatty than usual, perhaps a little more 'snappy' than usual but apart from all that, I'm sure I'm a joy to live with :p

Energy levels dipping a little now and my stomach talking to me so I'm off to rustle up a shake. Where the hell is this 'discipline' coming from?  It is certainly is a challenge, but I suppose it's good to challenge yourself every now and then.  Have already planned my next one with one of the PT's in Lloyds.  He does his own, along with a Nutritionist and it's...wait for it...21 days!  Sh*t...that's gonna be a challenge...will wait til the Summer and just before the holidays for that one but in the meantime...I'm heading to the kitchen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment