Monday 31 December 2012

2012 The Year of The Rollercoaster..

..has since been framed..
Hi there, long long time no hear.  What a Busy Bee I've been/am.  Wow, 2012 what a year!
Those of you who have been following my 'fizzling' Blog & FB Page 'Pamercise' will know that this time last year my life was a completely different affair.  I had read my 'self-help' book and booked my Fitness Instructor/Personal Trainer course but that's all I'd done.  I suppose you could say things or rather my 'new' life started to change on Jan 31st on the first evening of my course.

I loved every minute of that course at The NTC and I loved meeting all my wonderful classmates.  What a mixture we were...I still miss it and them. This course/experience brought out a side of me that I didn't know existed.  I can focus, I can study, I can train hard, I can get A's and B's in exams...hell there's a first time for everything! I was qualified by July :)

From July to September I managed to organise 'work experience' in the gym where the love of training began for me, Westwood Clontarf.  The Trainers there were absolutely wonderful to me and taught me so much more and I really appreciate their time and patience.  They were an amazing bunch, who quite foolishly, weren't always appreciated by Management and many have since been 'snapped up' elsewhere.

September saw me securing a position in a wonderful, gym in Howth, The Fitness Agency.  There are 5 of us working there and we all love our 'job' and the members.  Everyone knows everyone by name, it's a lovely environment to work in.  I'm teaching Spin, TRX, Circuit and Kettlebell classes as well as my PT clients.  The hardest part of getting started is building your confidence, once you overcome that, stay positive and believe in yourself, then you can do it.

I did try running my own Circuit Classes in the local school hall but I had to 'give up' (hate saying that) but did due to lack of numbers :( I was in competition with an established 'Boot Camp' in the school next door. I did only give it four weeks though..and funnily enough the week after I 'gave up' I got a few calls from girls interested in joining up.  I may try it again in the future....if I can find the time?   You see, a few weeks back, I got a call from a fab Fitness Instructor who I knew from Westwood and is now in David Lloyd, Riverview and he has offered me Spin class shifts out there..(I love Spinning). I was absolutely chuffed to get the call and chuffed to get experience in another gym. I was there at 9 this morning sweating out the last of 2012 :)

In other 'achievements', I've a 'Thump Boxing Level 1 and Advanced Accredited Course' under my belt (pardon the pun)..what an fantastic yet exhausting weekend that was..I was literally bruised and sore after it but loved every minute of it.  My weight is now at 10.5 stone and more importantly, my body-fat is 15%..I'm in the 'athlete' range :))  At the age I am and I have NEVER been as fit in my life. My eating plan has improved, I take Wheatgrass, Spirulina, Cod liver oil capsules (lots) and constantly munch on nuts and seeds..much to the amusement of family and friends...'The Budgie'.  Hey, I'm no angel though, I still enjoy my drinkies and 'bold' foods...in moderation.

I have two Personal Training clients (who I train in their homes) who are just wonderful girls and give 100% effort each time we train.  Hence, they are both seeing the results of their efforts.  One girl reckons I was 'sent to her'...flattering, but as I said earlier...I'm no angel!

The down side of my year is my Dad's rapidly deteriorating dementia..it's absolutely soul-destroying to have a loved one with Alzheimers.  They are there but they are not there!  Looking around 'homes' for him, is also heart-breaking and that's where we're at.  I believe that this year the good was sent to me to try and balance out the 'bad' and in some small way it does but hell...it's hard. I will continue to try and stay positive and remember all the happy memories and be thankful for them :)

So there you have it!  October 2011, I had a dream...so I set the wheels in motion....2012 I did the course....I qualified....I secured a job (and another)....I have wonderful PT clients who appreciate me....I'm where I want to be, for the moment.  I have a lot more to learn and I intend to do so and better myself. 

The whole reason I went down this road was because I wanted to feel proud of myself by getting a qualification in 'something', as I felt I'd achieved little in my life. So figured, why not get a qualification in something I love.  I couldn't have dreamed it could have turned out so well for me in less than a year!  I've been told on a few occasions that I'm 'an inspiration'..ME?...brings a tear to my eye every  time.  If nothing else that makes me feel proud!

Thanks to all who have read my Blog, FB page, sent messages, texts, calls and posts of support, organised photoshoots, fliers, 'contacts' and of course those of you who booked me as their PT :)  Also, to those of you who were there to 'listen' to me when times got tough and I was 'sniffly' and offered your ear/hug/support..from the bottom of my heart...'thank you' <3

Remember....follow your dream....I did :)


No comments:

Post a Comment