Tuesday 4 September 2012

Ab Challenge anyone? :)

Advanced Plank with raised foot - change leg half way through ;)
I'll be honest...I used to hate the word 'challenge'...as soon as I heard it I thought of hard work, and yes it is but I've learned to embrace the word.  You've just got to push yourself physically and mentally every so often to improve yourself which results in a greater sense of achievement.  I tried this ab challenge this morning, at home with Def Leppard in my ears.  It was an even greater challenge for me as I had a 'heavy' day of training yesterday and my whole body is sore with DOMS (delayed onset of muscule soreness) today but I just gritted my teeth and got on with it.  It was definitely a case of mind over matter especially for the 'holds'..I thought the timer would never go off.  It's a good job I was alone as there was a lot of grunting and a few 'bad' words, especially for the 2 minute bridge at the end...my whole body trembled and my butt was on fire OOOOUCH!  My suggestion for counting the crunches, which I did by the last set, count them in sets of 10 as opposed to 1 to 50...it's psychological :) The whole lot only took 10 minutes....go for it!
 
Let me know if you take the challenge and how you get on!
 

50              Crunches
15              Push Ups
1                 Minute Plank
30              Secs Side Plank
1                 Minute Bridge
15              Push Ups
1                 Minute Plank
30              Secs Side Plank
50              Crunches
1                 Minute Raised Plank
2                 Minute Bridge
50              Crunches

Crunches - squeeze abs & bring elbows towards knees, keep shoulders off floor
This is the Bridge - HOLD for 1 & 2 Minutes

 
This is the Raised Plank - HOLD for 1 Minute
 
This is Side Plank - HOLD 30 secs each side. Option A easier than Option B
 


No comments:

Post a Comment