Monday 27 August 2012

Makes me smile....

Weight 10st12lb, BMI 23.2, Body Fat 26.3%
 
I have to share and write about this because when I reflect, it makes me smile :)
 
At the tender age of 44 I am back to a size 10 and weighing in, in the 10's and in better shape than I've ever been.  I was 22 when I was last a size 10 and weighing in at about 10st 7lb but I wasn't the same shape as I am now.  I was slim but I wasn't toned and if I'm honest probably wasn't too fit either.

..the bikini pic that I thought would never be!

I put on some weight just before I got married (stress)...yep stress...I must be the only bride-to-be that the dress had to be 'let-out' a bit on various fittings..I was lucky she wasn't banging another panel in!  When I got stressed I used to eat.  Even up to 7 years ago when I had a stressful full-time job...I went in a size 12/14 and came out a year and a half later a good size 16 *munch munch munch* and no exercise.
 
Anyhow, started putting on the weight before the 'big' day, continued on the honeymoon, the food was gorgeous in Barbados and the cocktails were for nothing,  so the weight started from there.  After 6 months I was fed up being soft and unfit, so along with two of my work colleagues/friends, I did join a gym on Clanbrassil Street. I did train 3 to 4 times a week, as in Step Aerobics, 'Jane Fonda' type Aerobics (I even had a couple of those fab shiny G-string leotards),Circuit classes and resistance training and I got back into great shape, six-pack 'n all. Looked fab....up until I had the girls.  Then I did no exercise, though I did join Weight Watchers TWICE and did the Slim Fast, Cabbage Soup, Atkins and whatever other fad diet that was around at the time until I copped on and joined the gym 6 years ago.
 
I wasn't always great at going to the gym or training properly once I was there but it did 'click' with me after a time and of course after I started to see the results of a good focused training session.
 
You know the rest.  Ended up loving the training. Decided to study for a qualification in Exercise, Nutrition and Personal Training. Got 2 A's & 2 B's in my exams (something else that made me smile as I never got A's in any of my big school exams). And here I am.
 
Things are happening slowly, however I am so grateful for the couple of clients that I have and especially the one who rang me months ago and told me she would cancel her current trainer and come and train with me once I was qualified.  True to form, she rang me the morning I got my results and booked me...you know who you are...thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am still on work placement in my favourite gym but am not so confident about securing a position there.  Although I've been told by the Operations Managers and the gym Manager that there has been a lot of positive feedback about me, there are no positions and if and when one does become available, there are 'bodies' ahead of me.  I will continue my work placement there, keep my eyes and ears open and learn as much as I can.  I will also stay positive, try and build my Personal Trainer client list (finding that difficult) and also try and secure a position as an Instructor in a gym.
 
I hope to have my web page with pictures and information (thanks to Paul D), my new FB page (named along with the web page, with the help of Rachel F), organised later this week and it all up and running by next week.  I will link my Blog into both.  When I do, I know I can count on you to 'like' and 'share' for me.  I just have to keep believing....
 
something great is going to happen!
 
 

2 comments: