Sunday 12 August 2012

Quick Holiday/Home Workout

Probably 'the' best bikini pic I will ever have..I got there in the end :)

What a lovely relaxing holiday I had. I really really needed the break as it had been a long year with my big 'change' and all of that! 

Before I went away I was sooo tired, mentally and physically so I decided that I was going to do no training for the first week, just give myself a rest from it, but by day 2.....I missed it!  I had brought a resistance band to use for work-outs and I wrote myself an all over body work-out programme incorporating all muscle groups.  It took 40 mins from start to finish including my 10 minute running up and down the outdoor apartment steps (17 in all) for my warm up (sweat up more like). 

Derms said he wanted to get involved and I thought it might be a bit awkward with the two of us trying to do this work-out with one band etc so I remembered a 'Home Workout' I had seen so I dug that out.




It was perfect for us....D was very impressed with it. Every second evening at 6pm we went for a small 10 min warm up jog, came back to a nice shaded area of the pool, armed with a towel, watch, bottle of water and this workout.  We did 3 sets, high intensity and the whole workout, including jog only took half an hour.

I would recommend this for a holiday workout (just to help keep you in shape until you get home) or as it's headed, a little something to do at home.  Use the stairs for your 10 minute warm up.  The trick with this is quick transitions between exercises with only a 30 sec rest between your 3 or 5 sets.  You have to keep the heart-rate up for results.

Each of us only put on 2lbs on the holiday, eventhough we ate and drank our fill (fresh french stick, couple of desserts and I'm surprised my teeth aren't stained purple from the red wine) but we ate our porridge/seeds every morning, I drank my green tea (there's no way D would touch it) and I also drank 3 litres of water every day.  All of this, along with our little work-out stood to us.

It's certainly a work-out I'm going to keep to hand and use on my clients...you have been warned! 

Let me know if you try it and if you do...how you got on?


2 comments:

  1. U look fab Pam in your Bikini. Really super body. U must b just beaming ! Well done cuz. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aundrea...I have to say, for the first time since my early early 20's I was proud to put on a bikini....yes I was beaming & as I said, I hope to, but may never look as well in one again so had to get a pic :)) Thanks for your encouragement & support over the months. Love, Cuzzy Pammy xx

    ReplyDelete