Tuesday 31 January 2012

The morning after the night before...

I started my course last evening, so yesterday was a mixture of excitement and nerves for me.  I really didn't know what to expect when I strolled on in to Lecture Room 2 at 6.45 at the NTC. To my amusement and relief, we all had much the same look on our faces.

I did a rough head count, and there are about 30 of us 'eager beavers' in the class.  That's more than I, and a few others thought there would be.  And guess what....I'm not the oldest there (but pretty close)! The class is about half 'n half with a few different nationalities present so this should be a really interesting experience. I really enjoy meeting and chatting to new people.

As a little task, we were broken up into two groups and were asked to put a skeleton together and then label the bones. I took charge of the naming and labelling in our group (as nobody else was stepping up) and was chuffed that I remembered all the bones in the body that I did.  My time in the back row of the lab in Miss Gray's biology class wasn't totally wasted :)

We were given our 'school-bags', hand-outs & Personal Trainer t-shirts. I thought it was a bit premature for the t-shirt but hey I just have to earn it now.
I'm glad to get that first evening over with and look forward to starting in earnest on Wednesday evening with a little 'Anatomy, Physiology & Myology Book 1'....don't switch off just yet....I'm not going to bore you with the details....well only if you ask?!

Bring it on....

No comments:

Post a Comment