Friday 27 January 2012

A little about me..

Ok..here goes! It's the end January 2012, which is going to be my year. Here's a little background leading to 'Get Your Fit Fix'.

Stuck in a bit of a rut at the tail-end of 2011, a friend recommended that I read an excellent multi-million award winning motivational book 'Think & Grow Rich' by Napoleon Hill. Not to grow rich but to motivate me to get my brain and thoughts into a positive state whereby I could receive positive and creative ideas and plan for my future. 

I love working out...I love the gym...I love to sweat...I love the endorphins.  I was asked a few times by people who didn't know me well, if I was a personal trainer as my training sessions are what I talk about a lot to my family, friends and on FaceBook.  The question was thrown at me one day..."so when are you going to do your Personal Trainer course"? I stopped and thought about it for a moment and then brushed is off but they asked again, the same question.  Something clicked..it sounded good, it sounded right.  I am going to make enquiries.  I was mainly concerned about my age, 44 next month, "was I too old to start something like this?"..yikes..but I'm fit, enthusiastic and it's what I love to do, so have that in my favour.

I contacted the National Training Centre, Dorset Street (so handy for me), read the details on their website, took some of my 'Rainy Day' money from my SSIA and enrolled on the National Qualification in Exercise, Health Studies and Personal Training evening course (2 evenings and 1 full day) to be exact.
The feedback from everyone I've told about my plans has been so overwhelmingly positive, including from the trainers in my gym, to quote one, "Pam you'll smash it"!  This has given me great encouragement and makes me sure it's a move in the right direction. I am due to start on Monday, January 30th at 7pm. I will be a student again. I can't believe it. This Blog is going to be the journey of a 44 year old wife, mother and woman with something to offer, starting out in a very new venture. It is going to be mentally and physically challenging...I'm going to write the good and the not so good as I'm on this journey..



This book was my inspiration...well worth a read.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment