Saturday 28 January 2012

'The Bells'...(Kettle) that is...

Just in case you've never seen or heard of 'Kettlebells' this is what they look like.



I just have to share with you, in my opinion, the best cardiovascular work-out so far. I train at Westwood, Clontarf and I was introduced to Kettlebell training there about 3 months ago.  It was love at first swing! WOW...if you're looking for a fast tool for fast results, these are for you. This training is ideal for strength, endurance, general toning and overall fitness.

Hands up who wants to burn fat? Thought so...these bells are excellent for the burning of fat.  When you need to burn it off,  the plan is to keep moving for as long as you can and with the bells you can do this and then if you need to add that bit more...just add more speed.
Hip-drive....it's all in the hips! Two-handed swings , one-armed swings, press & squat thrusts and lunges form the basis of most of the current 30 minute work-out. I use a 12kg for two-handed swings, lunges and squats, and 8kg for one-armed swings/presses. I do 3 classes a week and am amazed by the results already.

Soooo, if you want to look good/strong in your bikini or mankini this Summer, the use of kettlebells for a stronger, more athletic & less 'wobbly' you, is highly recommended.
However, if you suffer from a 'bad back' or any back injury, this may not be the work-out/training for you. It's always wise to be assessed by a qualified trainer before embarking on anything new :)

I intend purchasing 2 or 3 bells for training at home on days I cannot make it to the gym, and for storage, they can keep my dumbbells company behind the sofa!

There are sites selling kettlebells from €2.00 to €2.50 per kg
                                                                 Get swinging..

2 comments:

  1. where's the photostories of you breaking a sweat avec kettledrums!!! seeing is believing...I hope you are not distacting your fellow students with your laughing. Half of me wishes I was there with you but as you well know I don't do breaking a sweat! Keep of the good work my friend. I'll be with you in spirit - all the way - hey I might even buy a kettledrum!!SHINNERS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your feedback Shinners...you're the first...make a wish! They are Kettlebells & slightly tougher although probably less awkward to swing than kettledrums :) I suppose I could get a pic of me working with them at the gym as I haven't purchased mine yet. As you know...I do 'glow' a lot when I train..not very pretty. The bells are undoubtably the best work-out around...would definitely recommend them. Will get pics up soon of my 'new body' :p Thanks for your ideas & support. Px

    ReplyDelete