Wednesday 4 July 2012

I'll be back...


..Just Did It..

Hi Honey...I'm hooooome!  Did you miss me?...don't answer that :)

I've been off the scene for a while.  The last you heard of me I was studying for my exams..Jaysus I became a recluse and a nerd...two things that aren't usually associated with my name :) Oh and as you can see..got a bit of training in too..!  Btw I don't look like this all the time..only when I flex. I needed to do 'strength training' to achieve my goals of real 'Push-ups' and 'Chin-Ups' :)

Well we started our exams on 'D Day' June 6th with Anatomy, Myology & Physiology...100 questions and needing to get a minimum of 60 correct. The following Monday we had Sports Nutrition and Exercise Principles...yep another 100 questions with a need for at least 60 correct.  I'm feeling quietly confident!

On the Wednesday, I was part of Group 1, along with 5 of my other buddies for 'Exercise to Music' Practical.  2.5 hours of the same music, the same feckin' faces (however pretty), similar monotonous routines, sweat and nerves teaching our fellow students and their 'guest' to a full 'Exercise to Music' workout *groan*.  It wasn't easy....especially as some of the 'guests' had two left feet, no coordination, no rhythm, no stamina or in some cases all 4!  This took a lot of observance and correction.  However, I got stuck in, put my 'all' into it...made a few silly mistakes, but I felt it went well and I got very good feedback :)

My final exam was my 'Resistance Training' Practical. I had to introduce my client 'Dermot J Keyes' to the gym and all of it's equipment for a full body workout.  Doesn't really help when half way through, he jokingly tells the Examiner that I sound like his mother calling him 'Dermot' (I always call him Derms) and ordering him around..thankfully Noeleen has a sense of humour!  I felt the exam went well, but I could have done without smackng my head off the barbell during my 'client's' lunge...had a lump but kept going...at least it wasn't his noggin...FAIL!

Anyway....we have to wait 5 more weeks for results.  In the meantime, I'm attending a 10 week 'Start Your Own Business' course with Fás.  With all the different nationalities attending...I jokingly call it my UN course.  I love meeting new people and learning something new so I'm enjoying it. 

Happily I managed to secure Work Experience in my beloved home from home...Westwood, Clontarf.  I was absolutely chuffed to 'get-the-nod'.  I'm being offered 10/15 hours per week for the next month :)  I started bright-eyed and bushy-tailed on Monday morning.  I sat in on new client assessments, new programmes for existing clients, half demonstrated half took part in a Rip60/TRX class, put back weights that the 'big boys' leave lying around grrr, chatted with people I train with, who were surprised to see me there in a different capacity and just generally soaked it all up.  As I said to a few people later that day, if you'd have told me a year ago that I'd be doing this now, I wouldn't have believed you.

The next thing on my list is to do my Sports First Aid course, along with 12 of my college buddies on July 22nd.  Our NTC exam results should be out around then too and all going well...I'll be ready to go!  I have already had enquiries which is very encouraging and I appreciate the vote of confidence. 

I love to train, I love the way it makes me feel, I love that way it makes me look and I look forward to helping others achieve their goals.

Thank you to all of you who have read my Blog over the months or sent me PM's, emails and texts with your comments/feedback and well wishes.  I look forward to your continued support and remember......

If you really want to do something...go and do it!




No comments:

Post a Comment