Friday 27 April 2012

Weight V Shape....

I'll explain the reason for this pic further down in my post ;)

I seldom weigh myself anymore, perhaps every 6 to 8 weeks just out of curiosity.  I'm more interested in body shape than body weight, to a certain point.

A female colleague of Derms saw my, admittedly posey Profile pic, on FB during the week.  She commented on my figure and asked what weight I was.  This particular girl watches what she eats and she trains.  Derms told her he didn't know but that he guessed about 11st 5lb, but she glanced back at the pic and said 'no way, you must be wrong! So he said that he'd find out for her and let her know.

This is the 'posey pic' taken last December.
Derms was telling me the story and asked me to weigh myself this morning. I'm weighing in at 71.4kg which is 11st 4lbs. He went back and told his colleague and this is the text I got this afternoon from Derms...about what his colleague said...."11st 4lbs?...she looks 9.5st.  Your wife has amazingly managed to disguise her weight with a toned, well maintained body.  I'd gladly be that weight to look that well". Needless to say, I was chuffed to read it.

So why the hell am I telling you all this?  About 4 years ago I joined Weight Watchers as my weight had spiralled up to almost..eh..*muffled* 13st.  I felt I hid it well because I'm tall but I knew it, felt it and my clothes did too.  Through point counting and work-outs, I eventually got down to my 'target weight' of 11st 5lb and got my Gold Card. So I was 11st 5lb then and I'm 11st 4lb now HOWEVER my body shape looks NOTHING like it did back then although there is only 1lb in the difference!!!

I had lost the weight but NOT enough of the inches :(

I was a size 14 back then and now I'm size 12, sometimes 10, with only 1lb in the difference in body weight.  The reason being, through resistance training I've built muscle which burns the fat, plus muscle weighs more that fat. I eat a balanced diet, drink litres of water and I don't count 'points' anymore :) Yes maintaining a healthy body weight is very important for overall health but hey what's the point in loosing the weight if it doesn't look like you've lost it?  You've got to flaunt your hard work!

I bought a lovely pair of ox-blood coloured leather looking jeans last night and the above heart-shaped tag was hanging from them. I did chuckle when I read it as there's no way that I'm 'super-skinny'...I'm 11st 4lb...but because I'm toned I can now fit into a pair of 'super skinny' jeans but I repeat..there is no way I am 'super skinny', not even skinny!

My cardio/respiratory and endurance fitness has greatly improved, and I'm also a hell of a lot stronger than I was back then.  I can now do 'real' push ups with good technique and I'm on my way to pull-ups (still in training for those). When I reach 11st, my goal then will be maintenance.
 
I'm looking forward to getting my qualification in Exercise, Nutrition and Personal Training so I can help others to reach their goals.

Sooooo, which would you rather, weight loss on its own or weight and inches lost...answers on a postcard please....
The latest 'posey pic' 44th birthday in Feb with a few more inches off :)

 



No comments:

Post a Comment